Did you know…
- That Kroger Co. will open its first Food 4 Less price-impact store in Indiana next week? The 71,000-square-foot store will be in Hammond, Ind., in a completely renovated building that formerly housed a Dominick’s supermarket.
- That Procter & Gamble is using a new division called “Tremor” to market specifically to the $172 billion US teen market? Tremor reportedly gives 200,000 U.S. teens inside information about new products, and asks them to tell their friends….which generates powerful word-of-mouth for P&G’s product lines. P&G doesn’t give a lot of details about the program, but it is believed to be largely Internet-based, and marks a continued shift away from broad-casting of the company’s marketing messages.
- That Safeway Plc in the UK plans to spend the equivalent of $156 million (US) to open three new stores in Northern Ireland, and replace new existing units there with larger ones?
- That Kmart and Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia have launched Martha Stewart Everyday Holiday, a new line of affordable holiday decorating products? The line includes more than 1,000 SKUs in seven holiday themes.
- KC's View:
- No word yet on whether Martha will be coming out with a line of “Parolewear”…