- Delhaize is expected to post a 2002 sales decrease of approximately four percent, due mostly to the tough economic conditions in the US, where the company does about 80 percent of its business.
- CVS Corp. reported that same-store sales were up four percent for December, with total sales up 3.8 percent to $2.55 billion from $2.46 billion a year earlier.
Fourth quarter same-store sales rose 6.7 percent, while total sales for the quarter rose 6.6 percent to $6.34 billion from $5.95 billion a year earlier.
For the fiscal year ended Dec. 28, same-store sales increased 8.4 percent, and total sales rose 8.7 percent to $24.18 billion from $22.24 billion.
- Rite Aid Corp. reported that total same-store sales for the four weeks ended Dec. 28 rose 5.7 percent, while total drugstore sales for December rose 2.9 percent to $1.37 billion from $1.33 billion a year ago.
Same-store sales for the 43-week period ended Dec. 28 increased 7.2 percent, while total drugstore sales for the year-to-date period were up 4.6 percent to $13.02 billion from $12.44 billion a year ago.
- 99 Cents Only Stores reported retail sales for the fourth quarter were $198.5 million, up $40.0 million or 25.2% from sales of $158.5 million in 2001.
Total sales for 99 Cents Only Stores, including its Bargain Wholesale operation, were $210.7 million for the fourth quarter, an increase of $37.8 million or 21.9 percent over sales of $172.9 million during the fourth quarter of 2001.
Total annual sales for 99 Cents Only Stores, including Bargain Wholesale, were $714.0 million, a 23.5 percent increase over sales of $578.3 million in 2001.
Same-store-sales for the fourth quarter of 2002 increased 3.1 percent.
- Dollar Tree Stores, Inc. reported fourth-quarter 2002 sales of $827.5 million, a 15.8 percent increase compared to $714.8 million in 2001's fourth quarter.
For 2002, sales totaled $2.33 billion, a 17.1 percent increase from last year's $1.99 billion. Same-store sales for the year rose 1 percent, and for the quarter declined 0.3 percent.
- Drugstore.com reported preliminary fourth quarter sales reached $55 million, up 26 percent from the fourth quarter of last year.